How many calories can I burn mowing the lawn?

• Push-mowing the lawn for 60 minutes can burn between 350 and 400 calories.

Trinity Health recognizes that people seek medical information on a variety of topics for a variety of reasons. Trinity Health does not condone or support all practices covered in this site. As a Catholic health care organization, Trinity Health acts in accordance with the Catholic tradition.

Please note, the information contained on this website is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of a qualified healthcare provider if you have questions regarding your medical condition or before starting any new treatment. In the event of a medical emergency, always call 911 or proceed to your nearest emergency care facility.
  • For a 150 pound person, pushing a lawn mower can burn around 375 calories per hour. Using a riding mower will burn about half the amount.
    2 people found this helpful.
This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.
How many calories can I burn vacuuming?