How can I cut calories from condiments?

Sharon Richter, RD
To cut calories from your condiments: watch your portions; order dressing on the side; and trade heavy dressings and sauces for lighter options, like salsa. Watch registered dietician Sharon Richter discuss how you can lighten up your condiments.
Keri Gans
Use low-fat versions of sour cream, mayo, cheese, and dips, and punch up flavor with herbs, spices, and low-fat condiments. If you like to cook, swap out high-fat ingredients like butter, oil, and mayo for their low-fat counterparts.
The Small Change Diet: 10 Steps to a Thinner, Healthier You

THE ONLY “DIET” PLAN YOU WILL EVER NEED! No deprivation, no struggles. Just ten small changes that will transform your life. Keri Gans, spokesperson for the American Dietetic Association, shares...

Continue Learning about Calories

When Calories Do—and Don't—Count
When Calories Do—and Don't—Count
Americans have a love-hate affair with calories. At any given moment, more than 4 out of 10 of us say we're on a diet, yet we are gobbling 300 calorie...
How do low-viscosity, high-calorie foods affect my body?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
In addition to being low in volume for the amount of calories they contain, typical foods in the wes...
Is it important to track calories?
Keri Glassman, MS, RDKeri Glassman, MS, RD
It's more important to listen to your body and eat real foods than track your calories. Watch me exp...
Why Should I Cut Down on "Empty Calories?"