Why should I vary my calorie intake if I want to lose weight?

Once your body gets used to consuming the same amount of calories every day, your weight loss naturally levels off to match what you burn. For example, your body simply adapts to 1,800 calories and stops slimming down.

To keep your body working hard at shedding those pounds, vary your caloric intake. Consume 1,800 calories one day, then reduce it to 1,600 calories the next day and up to 1,700 the following day. Keep this pattern going and your body will have to exert more energy to make adjustments, which can trigger bigger weight loss.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Calorie Restriction and Weight Loss

Turn Back the Clock with This Calorie Trick
If you'd like to be one of those people who looks and feels better with each passing year, here's how to do it. Leave a spoonful here and there. Swit...
How many calories do I need to burn to lose weight?
Kate MyersonKate Myerson
A deficit of 3500 calories is equal to 1 pound of weight lost. That is about 500 calories a day you ...
5 Of the Easiest Ways to Cut Calories Everyday
5 Of the Easiest Ways to Cut Calories Everyday5 Of the Easiest Ways to Cut Calories Everyday5 Of the Easiest Ways to Cut Calories Everyday5 Of the Easiest Ways to Cut Calories Everyday
Get expert tricks to say bye to unnecessary calories—and unwanted weight.
Sharecare's Make a Change Challenge #1-Cut Calories