Do electrical burns affect children differently than adults?

Electrical burns can be more serious for both children and older adults. These age groups are more vulnerable to burns and their complications. It's possible for a healthy adult to survive burns on up to 90 percent of their body, while an older person is more likely to die if burns cover more than 60 percent of their body.

Continue Learning about Burns

How can I deal with the emotional effects of a burn injury?
Medical City PlanoMedical City Plano
Talk to your treating surgeon or a burn team member as soon as possible. They are trained to guide y...
What is a burn injury?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Burns are a special kind of soft-tissue injury. Like other types of soft-tissue injury, burns ca...
What should I say to a burn survivor about his injuries?
Medical City PlanoMedical City Plano
Be supportive in all capacities. Psychological support is very important. Let them know that you are...
What are the different types of burns?
Dr. Alexander M. Majidian, MDDr. Alexander M. Majidian, MD
Burns range from the first- to the third- degree. In this video, Alexander Majidian, MD, FACS of the...