<p>Like anorexia, <a href="/health/bulimia-disorder/what-is-bulimia">bulimia</a> is an eating disorder that involves obsession with weight and distorted body image. Bulimics cope with stress, anxiety, and other uncomfortable feelings by purging after they eat, or by bingeing and then purging. Bulimia usually starts in the teens and 20s, but is common among all ages. The <a href="/health/bulimia-disorder/complications-associated-with-bulimia-nervosa">complications of bulimia</a> can be deadly.</p>Learn More
Why Eating Disorders Are Increasing in ChildrenWatch the Video
Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD
Are bulimia and laryngitis related?
<p>Bulimia is an eating disorder in which people vomit frequently. The vomiting causes throat irritation because of the stomach acid that passes through the throat. This can lead to chronic laryngitis.</p>
- QIs bulimia nervosa an eating disorder?
- QWhat happens when a teen has bulimia?
- QHow do people with bulimia nervosa behave with food?
- QWhat medical complications are associated with bulimia nervosa?
- QWhat are common characteristics of persons with bulimia?
- QWhat are the different types of bulimia?
- QHow will bulimia affect my child during pregnancy?
- QWhat should I do if someone I know has bulimia?
- QCan I get better if I have bulimia?
- QWhat is bulimia nervosa?
- QWhen should I call my doctor if I have bulimia nervosa?