How do breast implants or breast surgery affect breastfeeding?

The most common issue would be the loss of the ability to produce enough milk. Following surgery, there may be damage to or loss of the milk glands in the breast. This could lead to an inability to produce enough milk. If, however, the breasts are able to produce enough milk, then breastfeeding is fine and encouraged. Another factor to consider would be what the surgery is for. If a patient is being treated for certain diseases, such as cancer, it may not be appropriate to breastfeed. Check with your doctor ahead of time.

Continue Learning about Breastfeeding A Baby

What Should I Know About Breastfeeding During Pregnancy?
6 Ways That Show How Breastfeeding Benefits Mom's Health
Breastfeeding Provides Ideal Nutrition for Babies
I Heard That Babies May Be Getting Toxic Chemicals from Breast Milk. Is That True?