Can I breastfeed my second baby if I didn't with the first?

The idea that you can't breastfeed subsequent babies if you didn't breastfeed in your first pregnancy is just bad science. Indeed you can. A new baby means a whole new milk production process.
YOU: Having a Baby: The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy

Can I get a cavity filled while pregnant? Will avoiding spicy foods make my kid a picky eater? Can I really increase my baby's IQ while she's in utero? Whether you're pregnant for the first time,...

Continue Learning about Breastfeeding A Baby

The After-Birth Trick for Better Breastfeeding
When Mila Kunis, wife of Ashton Kutcher and star of Bad Moms, breastfed her now four-year-old Wyatt Isabelle in public, she had a straightforward answ...
Can I still breastfeed if I have had breast surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Loss of breastfeeding is approximately 5% of elective cosmetic breast augmentations by board-certifi...
How does breastfeeding benefit mothers?
Dr. Maria E. Poortenga, MDDr. Maria E. Poortenga, MD
Benefits of breastfeeding for mothers include the following: reduction in breast cancer risk red...
I Heard That Babies May Be Getting Toxic Chemicals from Breast Milk. Is That True?