What are the different parts of the brain?

The different lobes in the brain do the following:

• The brain's frontal lobe is like a computer's desktop. It organizes thoughts, decisions and memory. It also manages emotions, as well as all incoming information, so that the body runs smoothly. This is called cognitive function, and it's how the brain manages things like thinking, learning and remembering.
  • The temporal lobe lets the ears know what they're listening to, and also helps people speak.
  • The parietal lobe tells the body what the skin feels.
  • The occipital lobe tells people what their eyes are looking at.

Continue Learning about Brain Health

4 Foods Your Brain Will Love
4 Foods Your Brain Will Love4 Foods Your Brain Will Love4 Foods Your Brain Will Love4 Foods Your Brain Will Love
Nourish your noggin for stronger brainpower. You know that eating well can help keep your weight in check. But that’s not the only reason you should w...
What Are Some Things I Can Do to Keep My Brain Healthy?
How Far Away Are We from Brain Assessments or Check-Ups?
How Can Exercise Help Improve My Memory?