How can I determine if my unexplained fainting is due to arrhythmia?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

If you experience episodes of unexplained fainting, this may be due to arrhythmia. Fainting is one symptom of arrhythmia. Your doctor can administer a tilt table test to determine if arrhythmia is the cause. Your doctor will have you lie on a table and slowly tilt the table from a horizontal to vertical position while monitoring your blood pressure and heart rate. This may indicate an irregular heartbeat is responsible for the fainting. IV medications may be administered during the test if the reason for the fainting is diagnosed.

Continue Learning about Brain and Nervous System

What are the risks of performing a hemispherectomy in a very young child?
Dr. Aria Fallah, MDDr. Aria Fallah, MD
The younger the child is the greater the risks of performing a hemispherectomy and the more difficul...
What are the potential postoperative complications of hemispherectomies?
Dr. Aria Fallah, MDDr. Aria Fallah, MD
A hemispherectomy is a very large radical procedure associated with certain postoperative complicati...
What Has Brain Imaging and Mapping of the Brain Taught Us?
What Is the Purpose of Restoring My Cellular Communication Pathway?