Unleash the Power of Your Brain!
At every moment of every day, your brain heavily influences how you think, feel, act and interact with others. By avoiding bad brain habits and adopting as many good brain habits as possible, you can improve your brain function. In turn, you may see improvements in your memory, mood and other areas of your life.
Keep Your Brain Mentally Fit
Your brain is like a muscle. The more you use it, the stronger it gets. New learning makes new connections in your brain, making you sharper and making your brain more efficient. To keep your brain active, you need to give it a constant stream of new and different challenges. Acquiring new knowledge and new skills encourages brain health.Stay mentally active
The Exercise-Brain Power Connection
Physical exercise is like a natural wonder drug for your brain and body. It helps your heart pump life-giving blood into your brain, supplying more oxygen, glucose and other nutrients your brain needs to function at its best.Learn more
Boost Your Brain Power at Any AgeTake the Quiz
Get Smarter!Strengthen your brain with Brain Fit Life
How much power your braingenerates while awake
Michael Roizen, MD
Healthy Brain Q&As
Daniel G. Amen, MD
What are some things that hurt the brain?
Alcohol and drug abuse, environmental toxins, cancer chemotherapy, anesthesia, low thyroid and even being overweight can cause . . .
- Q How does laughter affect the brain?
- Q What determines the size of our brain?
- Q What are Brainbow and ATLUM?
- Q What happens to brain size as I age?
- Q How do nerve cells in the brain work?
- Q How is a healthy brain different from an injured brain?
- Q What is the brain's neuromatrix?
- Q What are some of the existing brain atlases that researchers can use?
- Q How does the brain control speech?
- Q How does teaching help the brain?
Recent Brain Health Articles
Every day you face obstacles that can sabotage your brain health. Learn how to take control of unhealthy habits.
All About YOU: A Major Brain Boost What’s Good for Your Heart Is Good for Your Brain Life's Little Questions Offer Big Brain Benefits The Shocking Way Sugar Affects Your Brain See All Articles