What are the dangers of exposure to BPA and DEHP?

Exposure to BPA and DEHP (a phthalate found in many plastic household items) has now been linked to reduced thyroid hormones, which every cell in your body depends on.

It is now also recommended that you avoid handling thermal paper receipts, like those from gas stations and fast food restaurants, before eating -- especially if you're pregnant!

BPA is linked to cancer, miscarriage, fertility, obesity, immunity and sexual-development problems. Similar lab studies have linked DEHP and other phthalates to lower sperm counts, reproductive problems and liver cancer.

Continue Learning about BPA

Substituting BPS for BPA, Not a Good Swap
The Who first recorded the song Substitute in 1970; the Sex Pistols in 1979; and the Ramones in 1993. The first line: “I was born with a plastic spoon...
What are the risks of bisphenol A (BPA)?
Environmental Working Group (EWG)Environmental Working Group (EWG)
Some may say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but do you really want a chemical use...
How do I avoid obesogens?
Obesogens can be avoided by doing the following:Buy wild fish (such as salmon, which is packed wit...
What Are the Risks of Bisphenol A (BPA)?