How can surgery improve thoracic disk herniation?

Thoracic disc herniation can be treated by placing a miniature camera through a small tube in your body to view the spine and affected nerves. Surgeons remove the herniated disc without disruption to spinal stability. This minimally invasive approach often eliminates the need for spinal fusion, thereby eliminating a long incision in the back for the placement of screws and rods.

Continue Learning about Joint Health

Tell Me Why My Joints Pop
Tell Me Why My Joints Pop
Joints—you forget you have them until you bend your knees and sound like a bowl of Rice Krispies –-snap, crackle and pop! So why do joints pop? The an...
What is a herniated cervical disc?
Medical City DallasMedical City Dallas
A cervical herniated disc is when an intervertebral disc suffers a tear in its covering and the inne...
10 Foods Your Joints Love
10 Foods Your Joints Love10 Foods Your Joints Love10 Foods Your Joints Love10 Foods Your Joints Love
Add these to a healthy diet to help prevent and soothe joint pain.
What Are the Criteria to Diagnose Fibromyalgia?