What is rotator cuff tendonitis?

Dr. Kristofer J. Jones, MD
Orthopedic Surgeon

Rotator cuff tendonitis refers to acute or chronic inflammation of one of the four rotator cuff tendons that attach to the humeral head (the ball component of the ball and socket joint). These injuries usually occur secondary to repetitive overhead activities that place the patient at risk for a condition called subacromial impingement, or “pinching’ of the rotator cuff between the humeral head and acromion, which is the bone that forms the “roof” of the shoulder.

Continue Learning about Bone & Joint Injuries

4 Proven Ways to Control Pain After Surgery
More than one million Americans undergo a total hip or total knee replacement each year.  Because both surgical procedures typically involve weeks of ...
What should I consider if I am young and need joint replacement surgery?
TriStar Centennial Medical CenterTriStar Centennial Medical Center
If you are young and need a joint replacement, you’ll want to consider two main things: how long...
Should I call 9-1-1 for someone with a bone injury?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Call 9-1-1 or the local emergency number for the following situations: There is obvious deformity....
3 Steps to Prevent Knee Pain When You Run