What should I do about an injury to the tip of my elbow?

Immediately after a direct blow to the tip of your elbow, you should apply a cold compress for at least one hour. Compression on the swelling area will help reduce inflammation. While bursitis in the elbow is seldom serious, it can be annoying and should be sufficiently padded while an athlete is involved in competition.

(This answer provided for NATA by the Southern Utah University Athletic Training Education Program.)

Continue Learning about Bone & Joint Injuries

Treatment Options for Dupuytren's Contracture
Dupuytren’s contracture, or Dupuytren’s disease, is a systemic disorder that results in the deformity of one or both hands. It typically affects men, ...
How can I prevent joint replacement surgery?
St Francis Medical CenterSt Francis Medical Center
If you have an arthritic knee, you should modify your activities accordingly by avoiding high-impact...
What exercises can I do after hip replacement surgery?
Westside Regional Medical Center - HCA East FloridaWestside Regional Medical Center - HCA East Florida
After hip replacement surgery, you can pretty much resume any exercise routine except for those that...
What Is a Shin Splint?
What Is a Shin Splint?