Can I go back to skiing after a serious joint injury?

After a serious joint injury most people can return to skiing or snowboarding and being active, even after major surgery such as a torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) repair or a knee replacement. Each person responds to a sports injury differently. However, there’s a big misconception that after a serious joint injury, you’ll never be able to return to skiing or snowboarding. That said, it’s important to give yourself plenty of time to heal and recover from the injury. Always consult your doctor before getting back on the slopes.

Continue Learning about Bone & Joint Injuries

4 Proven Ways to Control Pain After Surgery
More than one million Americans undergo a total hip or total knee replacement each year.  Because both surgical procedures typically involve weeks of ...
What is the usual treatment for a meniscal tear?
Dr. Scott D. Martin, MDDr. Scott D. Martin, MD
The goal of meniscal tear treatment is to relieve pain, restore normal motion and preserve as much o...
Are there alternatives to joint replacement surgery?
John Randolph Medical Center - HCA VirginiaJohn Randolph Medical Center - HCA Virginia
There are new alternatives for younger patients who need a joint replacement. Younger patients who h...
How Should I Use Ice and Heat to Treat Pain?