Can I continue running after joint replacement surgery?

Running or jogging after joint replacement surgery is not advisable because these are artificial parts, so they wear down with time. It's not that you couldn't go running—after hip or knee replacement, you can run or jog—it's just that it's not advised. Even robotics surgery doesn't change that. It's the same parts whether you have traditional or robotic surgery. It's strictly just a mechanical wear and tear kind of thing.

Continue Learning about Bone & Joint Injuries

4 Proven Ways to Control Pain After Surgery
More than one million Americans undergo a total hip or total knee replacement each year.  Because both surgical procedures typically involve weeks of ...
What are the different types of orthopedic specialists?
Memorial Hospital of TampaMemorial Hospital of Tampa
Orthopedic specialists include joint surgeons, trauma surgeons, and sports medicine specialists.
If I have an injury is it better to use ice or heat?
St Francis Medical CenterSt Francis Medical Center
If you have an injury, it's better to use ice to stop the inflammatory process. If you are feeling s...
What Is a Shin Splint?
What Is a Shin Splint?