To prevent too much bleeding, you may need to stop using Plavix for five days or longer before having your surgical procedure. Plavix keeps your blood from clotting, so taking Plavix can make it harder for you to stop bleeding when you have minor surgery. Tell your surgeon ahead of time that you are taking Plavix. Your doctor will let you know as soon as it's safe for you to start taking your Plavix again.
- Q What should I avoid while taking Plavix?
- Q Where can I get the drug Plavix if I can't afford it?
- Q What are the side effects of Plavix?
- Q How should I take Plavix?
- Q Who should take Plavix?
- Q When should I take fiber supplements if I take Plavix or Crestor?