Guidelines on eligibility to give blood change from time to time. The most up-to-date eligibility information can be obtained by contacting the American Red Cross blood center nearest you.
- Q What are the risks posed by collecting cord blood?
- Q Are transfer factor supplements safe for pregnant or nursing women?
- Q What can I do to increase hemoglobin/hematocrit levels before donation?
- Q Do I have to wait to give blood after having ear or body piercings?
- Q How does blood travel throughout the human body?
- Q What are antiplatelet medications?