What should I know about my health insurance if I have bipolar disorder?

Ruth White, MPH
Social Work
You'll need to know the scope of your insurance coverage so that you can take this into account when finding a healthcare provider for your bipolar disorder treatment and diagnosis. Read your benefits booklet and contact your health insurance company's customer service department or your human resources department at work to get answers to any questions you have. Learn whether your health insurance plan covers psychotherapy and psychoeducational groups, and find out the amounts of the deductible and co-payments for visits and medications. This will also help you plan financially for your treatment.
Bipolar 101: A Practical Guide to Identifying Triggers, Managing Medications, Coping with Symptoms, and More

After receiving a bipolar diagnosis, you need clear answers. Bipolar 101 is a straightforward guide to understanding bipolar disorder. It includes all the information you need to control your...

Continue Learning about Bipolar Disorder Treatment

What are possible risks of vagus nerve stimulation (VNS)?
International Bipolar FoundationInternational Bipolar Foundation
The risks involved in VNS therapy have more do to with convenience than health. Remember to always i...
What happens if my moods do not improve with bipolar medications?
If you are concerned that your medication is not improving your moods you should talk to your doctor...
How Is Bipolar Treated?
How Is Bipolar Treated?
Can a Person with Bipolar Disorder Get "Well"?