What does my family need to know about my bipolar disorder?

Family members should know that bipolar disorder is a lifelong disorder. In this video, Tarique Perera, MD, a psychiatrist with Contemporary Care of Connecticut, discusses what else families of bipolar patients should understand.

Continue Learning about Living With Bipolar Disorder

How can I deal with rejection if I have bipolar disorder?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
To deal with the risk of rejection and stigmatization because of bipolar disorder, talk to your ...
How should I record my alcohol and drug use if I have bipolar disorder?
Ruth White, MPHRuth White, MPH
If you have bipolar disorder, track your use of alcohol and drugs in a trigger and mood tracker ...
How can bipolar disorder affect a person's ability to focus?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
Difficulties with focus, concentration, and attention can accompany all forms of mania and depressio...
Does my bipolar disorder affect my children?
Ms. Julie A. FastMs. Julie A. Fast
Yes, but it’s always possible to make sure it’s in a positive way! I believe that people with bipol...