What questions should I ask my doctor about BPPV?

You may have several concerns about symptoms related to benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. It's a good idea to write down your questions and concerns before visiting your doctor. Frequently asked questions, include:

• What tests are used to diagnose BPPV?
  • Is BPPV fatal?
  • What complications can I expect?
  • Can my long-term hearing be affected?
  • Will I need to see a specialist?
  • Are there activities I should avoid?
  • When will my symptoms stop?

Your doctor can help you to better understand your symptoms and how to treat and manage your BPPV.

Continue Learning about Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV)

What do I need to know about caring for someone with BPPV?
Vertigo can be frightening. It's important to understanding that symptoms related to benign paroxysm...
How is BPPV different from other types of vertigo?
BPPV is different from other forms of vertigo because it is caused by calcium particles within the e...
Is benign paroxysmal positional vertigo life-threatening?
Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo is not life-threatening. BPPV symptoms can be uncomfortable and...
Can my benign paroxysmal positional vertigo return after it's been treated?
Treatment options such as the Epley maneuver can successfully treat symptoms of benign paroxysmal po...