How is BPPV different from other types of vertigo?

BPPV is different from other forms of vertigo because it is caused by calcium particles within the ear that have become dislodged and moved into one of the three inner ear canals. Unlike other forms of vertigo that are caused by Meniere's disease or disorders that affect the brain stem and cerebellum, BPPV is the most common form of vertigo and it's easily treated.

Continue Learning about Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV)

Can my benign paroxysmal positional vertigo return after it's been treated?
Treatment options such as the Epley maneuver can successfully treat symptoms of benign paroxysmal po...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with BPPV?
Vertigo can be frightening. It's important to understanding that symptoms related to benign paroxysm...
What is benign positional vertigo (BPV)?
Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo is a type of peripheral vertigo that involves brief (paroxysmal...
Is benign paroxysmal positional vertigo life-threatening?
Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo is not life-threatening. BPPV symptoms can be uncomfortable and...