How is BPPV different from other types of vertigo?

BPPV is different from other forms of vertigo because it is caused by calcium particles within the ear that have become dislodged and moved into one of the three inner ear canals. Unlike other forms of vertigo that are caused by Meniere's disease or disorders that affect the brain stem and cerebellum, BPPV is the most common form of vertigo and it's easily treated.

Continue Learning about Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV)

How should I prepare for my doctor's appoint about my BPPV symptoms?
To help your doctor better understand and diagnose your symptoms of benign paroxysmal positional ver...
What is benign positional vertigo (BPV)?
Eric E. Smouha, MDEric E. Smouha, MD
Benign positional vertigo is a very common inner ear disturbance that causes spinning vertigo when l...
How is benign paroxysmal positional vertigo linked to the ears?
Your ears contain organs, fluid, and hair-like nerve receptors that help you to balance and perceive...
What is benign paroxysmal positional vertigo?
Hearing loss is not a common symptom of benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. If you experience ...