Why should I avoid sitting down all day?

Even if we are active for a significant amount of time as in a morning run or mid-day exercise class, recent studies show that sitting for prolonged periods—12 or more hours per day—is associated with more storage of body fat, lower levels of insulin and increased risk of premature death, despite exercising. The message from these observations is that of course, daily exercise is important. Equally important is getting up from your chair every hour and moving around, doing some leg bends, stretching and taking a stroll to the water cooler and back. Your body was not meant to remain inactive for long periods of time.

Continue Learning about Benefits of Regular Exercise

How Can You Work Exercise Into Your Daily Routine?
How Do I Live to 100?
How Do I Live to 100?
The Benefits of Working Out
The Benefits of Working Out
Treadmill Talks: A Little Exercise Slashes the Risk of Heart Disease and Diabetes