What products can I use to make my lips look younger?

Karl Malden, he of the protruding proboscis, used to warn that one should never leave home without one's American Express card.

Women know better. A survey by the Ultima II cosmetics company showed that women over age 45 said lipstick is the one thing, well beauty item anyway, they could not leave home without.

So nobody is arguing its importance.

But there is debate on how best to apply lipstick.

Unlike one's hips, belly and butt, lips do thin out over time. So some professional cosmetologists feel one should slather on a layer of lip liner before applying lipstick, for a little more definition. Others say humbug, lip liner is not only superfluous, and will make you spend money you don't need to spend, but it will actually add a harsh line that will highlight the thinning nature of your lips.

Lip liner or no lip liner, rethink what you are putting on your lips. Lip glosses may go slip sliding around your lips now that they are thinner. And those dark colors you liked so much back in the day? Think lighter. Just a few shades will make all the difference in the world.
The most important thing you can do to keep your lips looking young is to remember that they are exposed skin. Like all exposed skin, you need to protect your lips from the sun. Use lip balm that contains an SPF (sun protection factor) of 30 or higher. A good lip balm will not only protect your lips from wind and damaging UV rays of the sun, but also keep your lips moist. That's important, since lips lack oil glands.

Continue Learning about Beauty and Personal Care

Will My Breasts Sag If I Breastfeed?
Will My Breasts Sag If I Breastfeed?
When it comes to feeding your baby, you’ve probably heard that “breast is best.” The list of benefits associated with breastfeeding is, in fact, fairl...
How should I moisturize my lips to keep the skin healthy?
Maureen HerrmannMaureen Herrmann
Lips are very sensitive and can dry out easily if using the wrong products. Because our lips lack se...
6 Embarrassing Body Issues, Solved
6 Embarrassing Body Issues, Solved6 Embarrassing Body Issues, Solved6 Embarrassing Body Issues, Solved6 Embarrassing Body Issues, Solved
We've got solutions to your embarrassing body problems and more.
Avoid Negative Thoughts
Avoid Negative Thoughts