Why don't women go bald?

Hair is under the delicate control of sex-based hormones, including testosterone. That's why men have beards and hair on their chests and male-pattern baldness on their heads, and women don't. Women can have diffuse hair thinning, however, which can be caused by a variety of conditions.

YOU: Being Beautiful: The Owner's Manual to Inner and Outer Beauty

Most people think that beauty revolves around such things as lipstick, sweet eyes, or skinny jeans -- all those things that we can see (and obsess over) in the mirror. But the fact is that beauty...

Continue Learning about Baldness and Hair Loss

Is Testosterone Making You Go Bald?
Is Testosterone Making You Go Bald?
Many balding men have heard that a receding hairline is a sign of increased testosterone levels. Though you may think a sparsely covered crown is a si...
Should I talk to my doctor about my baldness symptoms?
Baldness can result from a variety of factors other than heredity, including diseases, infections, c...
What are the symptoms of baldness?
The most common type of baldness is androgenetic baldness, also known as pattern baldness. This type...
What Supplements Can Help Women with Thinning Hair?