Is there a cure for avian flu?

Avian flu (bird flu) is often treated with antiviral drugs, which attack the virus, preventing it from growing.

The best cure for avian flu, however, is prevention. Washing your hands regularly and staying away from poultry and poultry products in areas where there is avian flu are the best ways to prevent the avian flu.

Continue Learning about Avian Flu

Can I get avian flu even if I had a flu shot?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
You can get the avian flu if you get a flu shot, because the flu shot only works to protect you agai...
Do antibiotics help to treat avian flu?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Antibiotics can only be used to treat bacterial infections that may be complications of the avian fl...
How do medications treat avian flu?
Some medications treat the symptoms of avian flu (bird flu). For example, decongestants can be used ...
How common is avian flu?
Among humans, cases of bird flu are very rare, and are mostly confined to people who have daily ...