What is the rate of incidence for atypical neuralgia?

Atypical neuralgia is a type of trigeminal neuralgia, which is classified as a "rare disease". Trigeminal neuralgia affects about 1 in 20,000 people, although the rate is higher for older people. Another estimate states that about 45,000 Americans are coping with the condition. As these numbers reflect all types of trigeminal neuralgia, the rate of incidence for the atypical type is considerably less.

Continue Learning about Atypical Neuralgia

What are the treatment options for atypical neuralgia?
Treatment for atypical neuralgia focuses on pain management and is usually done with medications or ...
What causes atypical neuralgia?
Atypical neuralgia is probably caused by blood vessels compressing the trigeminal nerve, which is a ...
What is atypical neuralgia?
Neuralgia or trigeminal neuralgia is a condition involving chronic pain in the face. While the pain ...
Should I talk to my doctor about my atypical neuralgia symptoms?
Atypical neuralgia can be treated by medications or surgery. Seeing your doctor will allow you to fi...