What are the possible benefits of artificial sweeteners?

Artificial sweeteners give you the sweet taste of sugar without its calories and without raising your blood glucose levels. Depending on the brand used, one packet will usually give the same sweetness as two teaspoons of table sugar.

Continue Learning about Artificial Sweeteners

Dodging Hidden Artificial Sweeteners
Dodging Hidden Artificial Sweeteners
Sugar advertisements in the 1950s, 60s and 70s made claims that make our blood boil: One ad said three teaspoons of sugar contained fewer calories tha...
What are the positives and negatives of sugar substitutes?
Janelle Gallo , NASM Elite TrainerJanelle Gallo , NASM Elite Trainer
Sugar substitutes such as aspartame, saccharine, and sucralose are used to get the benefit of a swee...
Do artificial sweeteners contain calories and carbohydrates?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
In order to make table top artificial sweeteners look similar to sugar, additional ingredients are a...
How Can Artificial Sweeteners Increase My Risk of Diabetes?