When should I call my doctor after shoulder arthroscopy?

After shoulder arthroscopy, some pain, tenderness, and stiffness are normal. If you have the following symptoms, however, be sure to call your doctor:
  • Fever over 101 degrees F after the second day following surgery
  • Increasing pain or swelling
  • Redness, warmth, or tenderness
  • Numbness or tingling in the arm or hand

Continue Learning about Arthroscopy

How is an arthroscopy used to diagnose causes of joint conditions?
Arthroscopy is the name given to a medical procedure that uses a small scope to peer inside of a joi...
When should I have arthroscopic surgery after torn meniscus?
Dr. Vonda Wright, MDDr. Vonda Wright, MD
If your doctor tells you the type of meniscus tear you have can be repaired because it is within the...
What is tidal lavage?
Tidal lavage is an arthroscopic procedure in which a sterile salt solution is injected into and ...
How effective are hip arthroscopy surgeries?
Hugh S. West Jr., MDHugh S. West Jr., MD
“Hip arthroscopy is arguably the most rapidly growing field in orthopedic surgery.” This quote is t...