What is cervical disc arthroplasty?

Cervical disc arthroplasty is also known as cervical disc removal. In this procedure, which is performed by a neurosurgeon, one of the discs, or cushions between the bones (vertebrae) in your neck, or cervical spine, is replaced with an artificial disc.

Continue Learning about Arthroscopy

What are the risks of arthroscopy?
Grant Cooper, MDGrant Cooper, MD
The risks of arthroscopy include rare complications of anesthesia. Doing the procedure under local a...
Well I be in pain after arthroscopic surgery?
Englewood Community HospitalEnglewood Community Hospital
After arthroscopic surgery, expect pain and swelling for the first few days.
What should I expect before arthroscopic knee surgery?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Before arthroscopic knee surgery, you can expect the following:The anesthesiologist will talk with y...
How effective are hip arthroscopy surgeries?
Hugh S. West Jr., MDHugh S. West Jr., MD
“Hip arthroscopy is arguably the most rapidly growing field in orthopedic surgery.” This quote is t...