How effective are hip arthroscopy surgeries?

Hugh S. West Jr., MD
Orthopedic Surgery

“Hip arthroscopy is arguably the most rapidly growing field in orthopedic surgery.” This quote is taken from the August 2011 issue of the AAOS publication and is the beginning statement of an excellent article that talks in depth about the condition FAI (femoral acetabular impingement). The article also states that the number of hip arthroscopies performed will double by 2013. Arthroscopic surgery on the hip is proving very successful in relieving the pain that hinders individuals from their active lifestyles.

Continue Learning about Arthroscopy

When should I call my doctor after shoulder arthroscopy?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
After shoulder arthroscopy, some pain, tenderness, and stiffness are normal. If you have the fol...
When can I go back to work after arthroscopic knee surgery?
Return to work after arthroscopic knee surgery when your doctor advises. The recovery period after a...
What should I expect after shoulder arthroscopy?
Most people go home the day of shoulder arthroscopy. You will be able to go home as soon as your...
What should I expect before arthroscopic knee surgery?
Before arthroscopic knee surgery, you can expect the following:The anesthesiologist will talk with y...