What can I do to stop pulling my hair out?

It helps to keep your hands occupied. Try wearing a hair scrunchie or bracelet around your wrist to play with when you feel the urge to pull your hair. Or take up origami, doodling, or other activities that keep your hands busy. You can also try specific relaxation techniques such as deep breathing or yoga, but it’s most important to try to manage the stress that’s usually the source of the problem.
YOU: The Owner's Manual for Teens: A Guide to a Healthy Body and Happy Life

A few years ago, we wrote YOU: The Owner’s Manual, which taught people about the inner workings of their bodies—and how to keep them running strong. But you know what? There’s a big difference...

Continue Learning about Anxiety

Proven Ways to Break the Anxiety-Insomnia Cycle
According to the Anxiety and Depression Association of America, 7 out of 10 adults in the U.S. report that they feel symptoms of stress and anxiety on...
How do I explain my anxiety to my children?
Tamar ChanskyTamar Chansky
Kids can be surprisingly intuitive: Chances are your child has already picked up on your anxiety...
9 Simple Strategies to Stop Worrying
9 Simple Strategies to Stop Worrying9 Simple Strategies to Stop Worrying9 Simple Strategies to Stop Worrying9 Simple Strategies to Stop Worrying
Anxious, stressed, overwhelmed? Check out these scientifically backed ways to boost mood and worry less.
How Can I Avoid Being Overly Anxious in Every Day Situations I Encounter?