What is the rate of incidence for anxiety disorders?

If you suffer from an anxiety disorder, you are not alone. They are the most common psychiatric disorder, affecting 40 million Americans (about 18 percent) every year. Among anxiety disorders, specific phobias and social anxiety disorder are the most common.

Continue Learning about Anxiety

How to Stop a Panic Attack in 5 Simple Steps
You know when you’re having a panic attack—heart racing, tunnel vision, gasping for air and control slipping away. When the fear finally passes, you m...
How does the brain respond to fear in people with anxiety disorders?
Michael J. Mufson, MDMichael J. Mufson, MD
The amygdala, a small structure deep in the brain, coordinates the body's fear response. Part of the...
6 Ways To Soothe An Anxious Child
6 Ways To Soothe An Anxious Child6 Ways To Soothe An Anxious Child6 Ways To Soothe An Anxious Child6 Ways To Soothe An Anxious Child
Don’t let your child suffer from the most common mental illness in the U.S.
How Can I Avoid Being Overly Anxious in Every Day Situations I Encounter?