<p>It's one thing to be nervous (<a href="/health/endocrine-system/what-is-adrenaline">adrenaline</a> can even help you power through, say, an interview). It's another to suffer sweat-inducing, heart-pounding <a href="/health/anxiety/what-is-anxiety">anxiety</a> -- for no apparent reason -- that makes eating, sleeping, working or enjoying life difficult. In addition to <a href="/health/generalized-anxiety-disorder">generalized anxiety disorder (GAD)</a>, learn about <a href="/health/panic-disorder">panic disorder</a>, <a href="/health/obsessive-compulsive-disorder">obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)</a>, <a href="/health/post-traumatic-stress-disorder">post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)</a> and <a href="/health/phobias-fears">phobias.</a></p>
Is Your Anxiety Normal?Find Out More
What's your RealAge?Take the RealAge Test to find out your body's true age.
Connie Sobon Sensor, PhD, RN
Is anxiety expressed differently in different cultures?
Anxiety is expressed in different ways in different cultures, just as it is in different people. Some may communicate verbally. Others may use indirect communication because they avoid conflict and value harmonious relationships. Some may need folk healers, some use herbs or teas, some use amulets, some use medicine, some use doctors or nurses.
- QAre anxiety disorders more common in men or women?
- QHow do I care for someone with anxiety disorders?
- QHow are anxiety disorders diagnosed?
- QWhat is the rate of incidence for anxiety disorders?
- QWhat are anxiety disorders?
- QWhat is the link between depression and anxiety disorders?
- QWhat is anxiety?
- QWhat is test anxiety?
- QCould my anxiety be a psychic gift?
- QWhat can I do to stop pulling my hair out?
- QCan I have an anxiety disorder and bipolar disorder?
- QHow many people suffer from claustrophobia?
- QWhy do some people pull their hair out?
- QWhat are the different types of anxiety disorders?
- QCan anxiety increase my risk for heart problems?
- QWhat can I do if I'm worried about dangerous events happening to me?