How should I take Olysio?

Olysio (simeprevir) is an oral medication for chronic hepatitis C that you take once a day with food. It comes as a capsule that you should swallow whole. You should take Olysio at the same time each day. If you miss a dose of OLYSIO and it is more than 12 hours until your next dose is due, take the missed dose as soon as possible. Then take the next dose of OLYSIO at your regular time. If it is less than 12 hours until your next dose, skip the missed dose and take your next capsule at the normal time. Don't take two doses at the same time to make up for a missed dose. If you accidentally take too much Olysio, call your doctor right away or go to the emergency room.

Continue taking Olysio until your doctor tells you to stop. If you think you need to stop taking Olysio for any reason, talk to your doctor first. 

Continue Learning about Antiviral

What other medications interact with Triumeq (or Epzicom and dolutegravir)?
If you are taking dofetilide, oxcarbazepine, phenobarbital, or primidone, Triumeq and Epzicom + dolu...
Does Zepatier have any side effects?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Side effects of Zepatier may include fatigue, headache, and nausea. This answer was adapted from ...
What should I know before taking Zepatier?
Your doctor will need to check your liver enzymes before starting treatment. Checking to see if the ...
What should I know before taking Truvada and raltegravir?
Your doctor will need to measure your creatinine clearance, urine protein, urine glucose, and serum ...