Do dried herbs contain fewer antioxidants than fresh herbs?

Leopold D. Galland, MD
Researchers from the University of California, Los Angeles, compared the antioxidant capacity of fresh herbs to dried herbs. They found that while the dried form generally had less antioxidant capacity than fresh herbs, there was still significant antioxidant capacity in the dried herbs.

Continue Learning about Antioxidants

Use This High-Antioxidant Spice in Hot Drinks
Next time you cozy up with a hot mug of something special, consider tossing in a spice that's bursting with antioxidants: cloves. It makes mulled cid...
How are polyphenols good for my health?
Janet  Brill, PhD, RDJanet Brill, PhD, RD
Polyphenols are plant chemicals rich in antioxidants, which can reduce inflammation in the body and ...
How can eating processed foods affect my antioxidant levels?
Ms. Ashley Koff, RDMs. Ashley Koff, RD
Historically, we ate food rich in antioxidants, such as plants, berries, and nuts. In the last centu...
What Do Antioxidants Do for the Skin?
What Do Antioxidants Do for the Skin?