When should I call my doctor if I am taking Cozaar?

If you're taking the blood pressure medication Cozaar (losartan) call your doctor for the following reasons:
  • Cozaar isn't adequately controlling your blood pressure. Because high blood pressure frequently doesn't cause symptoms, you should check your blood pressure regularly. Let your doctor know if the numbers are outside the range he or she has determined is right for you.
  • You become pregnant. Cozaar can seriously harm and even be fatal to a developing fetus if you take it during the last six months of pregnancy. If you find that you're pregnant, stop taking Cozaar immediately and let your doctor know.
  • You experience an allergic reaction. Seek immediate medical help if you develop swelling of the face, throat, tongue, lips, eyes, hands, feet, ankles or lower legs; hoarseness; or difficulty breathing or swallowing.
  • You feel very lightheaded or dizzy or you faint when you get up from a lying-down position. These symptoms are most likely to occur when you start taking Cozaar. You may be able to minimize this problem if you get up slowly -- try resting your feet on the floor for a few minutes before standing. However, you should let your doctor know if your dizziness is severe or if you faint.
  • You're about to start another medication. Many drugs, including over-the-counter ones, can interact with Cozaar or otherwise affect your blood pressure. So tell your doctor before you take any new drugs or herbal remedies.

Continue Learning about Antihypertensive

What should I know before taking a centrally acting alpha agonist?
If you have severe coronary insufficiency or have had a recent heart attack, a centrally acting alph...
What drugs may interact with angiotensin receptor blockers?
If you are taking angiotensin receptor blockers, the following drugs may interact with them and shou...
What should I know before taking beta blockers?
Beta blockers are recommended for at least 3 years after a heart attack. Some experts recommend cont...
Do thiazide diuretics have any side effects?
Brad AdkinsBrad Adkins
Thiazides are a class of medications which work in the kidneys to increase the amout of salt and wat...