What is diltiazem?

Diltiazem is the generic form of Cardizem, a calcium-channel blocker that treats high blood pressure (hypertension) by relaxing the blood vessels so the heart does not have to pump as hard. Improved blood flow also increases the amount of oxygen that reaches the heart to relieve chest pain.

Continue Learning about Antihypertensive

How effective is candesartan for treating migraines?
Guidelines published by the American Headache Society state that candesartan is probably effective f...
How do calcium channel blockers help manage heart failure?
The calcium channel blockers diltiazem and verapamil can be used for people with diastolic heart fai...
Can I take Micardis if I have diabetes?
If you have diabetes, you likely can take Micardis (telmisartan) to treat your high blood pressure, ...
What is aliskiren?
Aliskiren (Tekturna) acts on a kidney enzyme (renin) to reduce angiotensin and aldosterone. These ar...