What happens if I miss a dose of Dilt-CD (diltiazem)?

If you miss a dose of Dilt-CD (diltiazem), take the controlled-release capsule as soon as you remember it. But if you do not remember the skipped dose until it is almost time to take the next one, just take the capsule at the time you normally do. Do not “double up” on doses of Dilt-CD to make up for the one you missed.

Continue Learning about Antihypertensive

How are calcium channel blocker used to treat coronary artery disease?
Calcium channel blockers reduce the constriction of arteries and increase blood flow to the heart mu...
What are the side effects of calcium channel blockers?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
Calcium channel blockers block the influx of ions into cells, so calcium (that's the ion that gets b...
Do centrally acting alpha agonists have any side effects?
Side effects may include weakness, dizziness, drowsiness, dry mouth, headaches, loss of sex drive, a...
What should I know before taking a calcium channel blocker?
If you have advanced aortic stenosis, you should not take nicardipine. If you have aortic stenosis o...