What is miconazole?

Miconazole is an antifungal medication used to prevent or treat infections caused by susceptible fungi. It can be used to treat mouth infections called thrush, vaginal yeast infections, fungal skin infections, athlete's foot, jock itch and ringworm. It is available in several forms, including slow-dissolve oral tablets, topical creams, topical sprays and vaginal suppositories. It can be obtained over-the-counter or by prescription. The over-the-counter products are available under various brand names, depending on the part of the body or infection that they treat.

Continue Learning about Antifungal

What foods should I avoid if I take antifungal medication?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
If you take antifungals such as fluconazole (Diflucan), griseofulvin (Grifulvin), ketoconazole (Nizo...
What is Cresemba?
Cresemba is a brand name for isavuconazonium, a strong antifungal medication intended to treat serio...