What is the typical dose of fluconazole?

The adult dose of fluconazole depends on the condition being treated.

• Vaginal candidiasis. This is an infection of the vagina. The recommended single dose, taken by mouth, is 150 milligrams (mg.) 
  • Oropharyngeal candidiasis. This is an infection of the throat. The recommended dosage is 200 mg. on the first day. Then, take 100 mg. once daily.
  • Esophageal candidiasis. Take 200 mg. on the first day, then 100 mg. once daily.
  • Urinary tract infections and peritonitis. Peritonitis is inflammation of the membrane lining the abdomen. Typical daily doses are 50 mg. to 200 mg.
  • Cryptococcal meningitis. This infection affects the tissue covering the brain. Take 400 mg. on the first day. Then, take 200 mg. once daily.
  • Bone marrow transplantation. Take 400 mg. once daily.

Continue Learning about Antifungal

What foods should I avoid if I take antifungal medication?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
If you take antifungals such as fluconazole (Diflucan), griseofulvin (Grifulvin), ketoconazole (Nizo...
What is Cresemba?
Cresemba is a brand name for isavuconazonium, a strong antifungal medication intended to treat serio...