How often should I use vaginal anti-fungal medication?

You should use your vaginal anti-fungal medication as often as your doctor (or the packaging on the medication) directs you to use it. It depends on which vaginal anti-fungal medication you’re using…and there are a lot of options, so one shoe definitely doesn’t fit all. The general range is 1 to 14 days. There are one-dose vaginal creams available, but there are also creams (suppositories and tablets) that you have to take for 3 to 14 days. It all depends, so read carefully and ask your doctor or pharmacist if you’re unsure.
Use the vaginal anti-fungal medication as directed for a vaginal yeast infection. If you bought a vaginal anti-fungal cream, follow the package directions. Apply the cream only to the affected areas. With vaginal anti-fungal suppositories, you'll likely take them for three to seven days; read the product instructions carefully to learn how to use them. If your yeast infection does not clear up, call your doctor. If he or she prescribes a vaginal anti-fungal medication in pill form, you will probably have to take just one pill. If your yeast infection returns, consult your doctor for advice.

Continue Learning about Antifungal

What foods should I avoid if I take antifungal medication?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
If you take antifungals such as fluconazole (Diflucan), griseofulvin (Grifulvin), ketoconazole (Nizo...
What is Cresemba?
Cresemba is a brand name for isavuconazonium, a strong antifungal medication intended to treat serio...