What is the difference between Lamisil AT and other antifungal medications?

Lamisil AT contains the active ingredient terbinafine and is intended only for athlete's foot, jock itch and ringworm. It not intended to treat vaginal infections or those that develop under the nails or on the scalp. The other over-the-counter antifungals include: Lotrimin AF Cream, which contains the active ingredient clotrimazole; and Lotrimin AF Topical Powder, Topical Powder Spray and Topical Solution Spray, which contain the active ingredient miconazole. These two are intended for the athlete's foot, jock itch and ringworm.

Continue Learning about Antifungal

What is Cresemba?
Cresemba is a brand name for isavuconazonium, a strong antifungal medication intended to treat serio...
What foods should I avoid if I take antifungal medication?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
If you take antifungals such as fluconazole (Diflucan), griseofulvin (Grifulvin), ketoconazole (Nizo...