How soon after starting Pylera will my symptoms improve?

Your symptoms may improve soon after you start taking Pylera, but it is important to continue taking it as scheduled until all your pills are gone. Pylera is a combination of medications used to treat bacteria that cause peptic ulcers; generally, people take three pills at a time, four times a day, for 10 days. You shouldn't skip doses or stop taking the medication early; if you do, the bacteria that are responsible for your ulcer may not be completely wiped out, and they may become resistant to future treatment.

Continue Learning about Antidiarrheal

Are anti-diarrhea and anti-gas medications safe to take if I am pregnant?
Lauren Streicher, MDLauren Streicher, MD
Flatulence is definitely not a gas for pregnant women -- and that goes double for diarrhea. Watc...
Who should take anti-diarrheal and gas medications?
Anti-diarrheal and anti-gas medications are intended for the temporary relief of diarrhea and ga...
How do antidiarrheals differ from laxatives?
Antidiarrheals are the exact opposite of laxatives. While antidiarrheals help to slow bowel movement...
Are Anti-Diarrhea and Anti-Gas Medications Safe to Take If I Am Pregnant?