Are there generic anti-diarrheals and gas medications?

Yes, generic anti-diarrheal and anti-gas products are readily available. For diarrhea, bismuth salicylate (Pepto-Bismol, Kaopectate) and loperamide (Imodium, Maalox Anti-Diarrheal, Pepto Diarrheal Control) are available in generic versions. For gas problems, simethicone (Gas-X, Mylanta Gas) is also available in generic form.

Continue Learning about Antidiarrheal

How do antidiarrheals differ from laxatives?
Antidiarrheals are the exact opposite of laxatives. While antidiarrheals help to slow bowel movement...
Are there any risks in taking anti-diarrheal and gas medications?
Over-the-counter anti-diarrheal and anti-gas medications are safe if used as directed in the app...
What are the side effects of anti-diarrheal and gas medications?
The side effects of anti-diarrheal and anti-gas medications depend on the medication you are tak...
Are Anti-Diarrhea and Anti-Gas Medications Safe to Take If I Am Pregnant?