Will glibenclamide interact with other medicines?

Glibenclamide (called glyburide in the US) is taken to treat type 2 diabetes. It stimulates the pancreas to release insulin. Then, it helps the body use this hormone effectively. This drug is also used when diet alone can’t control symptoms. Tell your doctor about any prescription or over-the-counter medications or supplements. The following are a few drugs that may interact:

• Antibiotics
  • Aspirin and other salicylates
  • Diuretics, which remove water and sodium
  • Heart and blood pressure medicines 
  • Oral contraceptives
  • Oral diabetes medicines
  • Allergy, asthma and cold medicines
  • Steroids
  • Thyroid medicines
  • Seizure medicines
  • Diet pills

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

When should I call my doctor about problems taking Novolin?
Yes. Norelgestromin-ethinyl estradiol transdermal (Ortho Evra) is a birth control patch applied ...
Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...
What are thiazolidinediones?
Scripps HealthScripps Health
Thiazolidinediones (TZDs) address the body’s inability to use insulin effectively to control blood s...
How can I predict my body's use of injected insulin?
Even if you eat the same amount and exercise the same amount every day, you won’t always be able to ...