Who should not take Levemir?

Children with type 2 diabetes should not use Levemir (insulin detemir). People who are experiencing an episode of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) should not take Levemir while their glucose is still low. Anyone who is allergic to insulin or any of the ingredients in Levemir should not use it. Certain medications may interact with this medication, so do not use it until you inform your doctor of all the medications and supplements you are taking.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What are sulfonylurea drugs?
Sulfonylureas lower blood glucose by stimulating beta cells in the pancreas to release insulin. Sulf...
What is Novolin?
Novolin (insulin human) is a form of man-made insulin -- a hormone normally produced in the panc...
How can I tell when my Novolin is no good to use?
Before every dose of Novolin, always make sure it is in good condition. Check the expiration dat...
Does liraglutide interact with any other medications?
Liraglutide can affect the absorption of some oral medications; it is important that the healthcare ...