What are the side effects of repaglinide?

There are a number of possible side effects from repaglinide (Prandin), a drug for type 2 diabetes. Many result from changes in blood sugar. For instance, like other pills that lower blood sugar, repaglinide can sometimes cause blood sugar to fall too low. You should be aware of the signs of low blood sugar, and talk to your doctor about what to do if you notice symptoms. Some signs of low blood sugar include:
  • shakiness
  • dizziness
  • sweating
  • pale skin
  • clumsy or jerky movements
You should also know the signs of high blood sugar, and call your doctor if you experience any of them. Symptoms include:
  • extreme thirst
  • frequent urination
  • weakness
  • blurred vision
Other possible side effects from repaglinide include:
  • headache
  • nasal congestion
  • back pain
  • joint aches
  • constipation
  • diarrhea
If any of these are bothersome or don't go away, talk to your doctor.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How can I tell when my Novolin is no good to use?
Before every dose of Novolin, always make sure it is in good condition. Check the expiration dat...
What are sulfonylurea drugs?
Sulfonylureas lower blood glucose by stimulating beta cells in the pancreas to release insulin. Sulf...
Do alpha-glucosidase inhibitors have any drug interactions?
Drugs that may cause hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia need to be administered with caution to prevent l...
Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...