What are the side effects of repaglinide?

There are a number of possible side effects from repaglinide (Prandin), a drug for type 2 diabetes. Many result from changes in blood sugar. For instance, like other pills that lower blood sugar, repaglinide can sometimes cause blood sugar to fall too low. You should be aware of the signs of low blood sugar, and talk to your doctor about what to do if you notice symptoms. Some signs of low blood sugar include:
  • shakiness
  • dizziness
  • sweating
  • pale skin
  • clumsy or jerky movements
You should also know the signs of high blood sugar, and call your doctor if you experience any of them. Symptoms include:
  • extreme thirst
  • frequent urination
  • weakness
  • blurred vision
Other possible side effects from repaglinide include:
  • headache
  • nasal congestion
  • back pain
  • joint aches
  • constipation
  • diarrhea
If any of these are bothersome or don't go away, talk to your doctor.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What should I know before taking pramlintide?
If you have diabetic gastropathy, you should not take pramlintide. Pramlintide increases the risk o...
How do meglitinide drugs help treat diabetes?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
The meglitinides Prandin and Starlix prompt the body to make more insulin. They are fast-acting and ...
What is exenatide for diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Exenatide (brand name Byetta) is the first in a new class of drugs for the treatment of type 2 diabe...
How can I predict my body's use of injected insulin?
Even if you eat the same amount and exercise the same amount every day, you won’t always be able to ...