What are the side effects of Humalog?

Since Humalog works by changing the level of sugar in the blood, one side effect of Humalog is hypoglycemia, or low blood sugar. High blood sugar, hyperglycemia, may also occur. You may experience an allergic reaction to Humalog, including itching, a rash or hives, and problems breathing. Side effects such as swelling and redness at the injection site, rapid heart rate, muscle weakness, constipation, stomach cramps, skin changes, and tingling in the limbs may occur. Depression may also be a side effect.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How do meglitinide drugs help treat diabetes?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
The meglitinides Prandin and Starlix prompt the body to make more insulin. They are fast-acting and ...
What should I know before taking a sulfonylurea?
If you take a sulfonylurea, you should avoid alcohol. If you have renal insufficiency, you should n...
What is Novolin?
Novolin (insulin human) is a form of man-made insulin -- a hormone normally produced in the panc...
If I need insulin to control my blood glucose, which type should I take?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Your insulin doses should mimic how insulin works naturally in the body. In people without diabetes,...