What should I avoid while taking Janumet?

While taking Janumet, you should avoid drinking alcohol, especially in excessive quantities. When consumed with Janumet, alcohol increases your risk for lactic acidosis, a serious medical condition that requires emergency treatment. It is also important to avoid other medications that can have adverse interactions with Janumet, such as diuretics, steroids, phenothiazines, thyroid medications, oral contraceptives, anti-convulsants, NSAIDs, aspirin, sulfa drugs, MAOIs, and beta blockers. You should discuss all of your medications with your doctor to ensure that they will not interact adversely with Janumet.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What is rosiglitazone (Avandia) and is it safe to treat diabetes?
William Lee DuboisWilliam Lee Dubois
Avandia, as of today, remains on the US market. However, it has been “banned” in Europe due to conce...
What is pramlintide?
Pramlintide (Symlin) is a synthetic form of the hormone amylin. Pramlintide lowers blood sugar by sl...
How much insulin do I need per gram of carbohydrate?
Toby SmithsonToby Smithson
The insulin to carbohydrate (I:C) equation takes into account the amount of 1 unit of rapid active i...
How do Januvia and Onglyza help treat diabetes?
Onglyza (saxagliptin) is approved for use by people with type 2 diabetes which is also being control...